Thursday, May 17, 2007

Firsts, Food & Family Values

(ed. note: this was written last night but &*#&@! blogger kicked our computer offline. Stupid program! So no pictures - check the flickr badge later, they'll update there.)

Another Okinawa first - the butterfly garden! I love it when we finally do new things and find out they're lots of fun. Luckily we had been told the butterflies love red, so we were prepared. Wyatt wasn't sure what to think but I think he had fun and we managed to not let him mangle any butterflies and that's about all it takes for me to think it's a succesful outing. Besides, I'm hoping that trips like that will make Wyatt a lot like me, the girl who requested to spend her 10th birthday party at Reptile Gardens in Rapid City, SD. I could've stayed in that butterfly house for hours. Next time I'm taking a snack and hunkering down. Oh, and I'm dressing Wyatt in red from head to toe.

How amazing is this? We haven't been to Pizza in the Sky since November but we walked in today and the girl said, "ah! Wyatt!" I kid you not. These people are incredible! As usual, they wanted to hold him and he wasn't all that cooperative. But we thought it was worth a shot.

Lastly, we had this awesome discussion about values today:

J: Wyatt, what do you think you'll want to do when you get bigger? Do you want to play baseball? Play soccer? Tennis? How about swimming?
Me: He could be a College Jeopardy champ.
J: Do you want to be a chess champion?
Grandpa: You could just be a ladies man. Get yourself a nice car and cruise around.

No comments: