Sunday, May 13, 2007

I Am So Boring. Bored? Boring.

Where did all my blog inspiration go? I used to be such a good little blogger, always noticing slightly amusing things to write about. Maybe I used them all up.

It's a super-rainy, gloomy, cool day here and, despite having gotten out for a walk, some shopping and a friend's fini flight, I feel very housebound. Kind of like I want to curl up with a nice cup of hot tea and a good book. So it's particularly painful that I finished my mindless beach book last night before bed. What was I thinking? On the other hand, I feel very cooped up. Like I should break out of this concrete pseudo-jail. Which leaves me in the place that has become very familiar: paralyzed by indecision. Go figure.

Wyatt has officially decided Grandpa is cool stuff. They're buddies. And Grandma worked her charms while Grandpa and I were at the squadron, so I'd give it another 12-24 hours before I'm superfluous (p.s. I love that word! I just like the way it feels when you say it). It's very relaxing to have two extra sets of willing hands helping take care of the little man. For the first time in ages, I was able to look around 100Y at a leisurely pace and I actually got to eat my lunch while it was hot. How great is that?

And the one amusing thing I'll leave you with today is Wyatt's new toy from 100Y. It's a toy airplane cleverly named the "BOING 787". Boing! Boing, boing, boing! I bet that thing bounces like a superball. But they must have known I would think that, because the wings say it's a "Superplane High Performance" and the back says "How Safe!!" So there you have it.

No comments: