1. Down with arachnids. We are overrun with spiders and their nasty webs all over the outside of our house. My devoted readers (read: family) might recall that I don't care for spiders but am trying not to pass along said fear to my kid. It's been a challenge. The fight is over, though, and I win because I used my non-arachnid opposable thumbs to dial United Pest Control and the nice man arrived less than 24 hours later with a high pressure hose connected to a 50 gallon drum of chemicals. Organic? I doubt it. Spiders dead in their webs all over my house? Hallelujah, sister, you betcha. Next appointment? 9 September because we'll be addressing this little issue quarterly.
2. "Moon comin'" gets old after a while, especially when it's the only sentence in the stable. But it's amazing how often it can be used!
3. I asked Wyatt if he wanted a haircut and he told me, "two". So he got sheared again because it turns out I like it shorter, too. However, this time I mentioned the crazy cowlick so it actually lays down a little. See? I'm learning!
4. Wyatt disappeared with three hairbrushes and a comb two days ago. I finally recovered two brushes last night (found in our closet, behind a rack of shoes) and one more this morning (in the pantry, next to the cooking spray of course) but the comb is MIA. If you visit and you find it, I think you'll win a prize.
5. We had a babysitter on Tuesday night. I guess she's pretty much perfect because (1) Wyatt sent me off with zero fanfare, almost like he was kicking me out, (2) he asked for her upon waking yesterday and was not too pleased when I told her she'd gone home, (3) she drives.