Sunday, January 11, 2009

At Least I Think it's Funny

Every military wife knows that if it's going to break, it's going to break when the husband is TDY. So last week, when our garage door opener broke two days after Jeff left, I thought, "well, of course!" No worries, though. It was the opener on Jeff's side, we only need one car out at a time and thankfully we purchased a home warranty. They were prompt in fixing (actually replacing) the bad opener. And when the guy came out on Friday he also installed the safety cables on our old-school springs and installed some reinforcement straps across the top of each door (it's a two door garage) since the doors were cracking. Ahhh, home ownership is grand.

So tonight, when Wyatt & I rolled into the driveway and I punched the button for my garage door, I was perplexed when it stopped three feet off the ground. So I punched the button again and it went back down. So I punched the button again and ..... nothing. We got out of the car and I could hear the opener grinding away. We came in through the front door, went into the garage and yep. The other side just broke. Seriously? That's pretty stellar. Not even two weeks have gone by and we're on our third home warranty issue (the washer's getting a new pump and belts on Wednesday). Hopefully the whole "bad things come in threes" thing is true! Until then, I guess we'll start driving the other car again.

Oh, and if you say to a two-year old, "our garage door just crumped!" he'll think it's really, really funny.

2 comments:

Jody & Joey said...

Sorry Steph! Glad you have the home warranty... every military wife knows that's more reliable than the husband!

The Blake Family said...

Oh my...what are the chances that both sides would break within a few days of each other...well, and within a few days of Jeff leaving. I'm so sorry.