1. We recently went to Busch Gardens as a family, arrived at 10 am, left at 6:30 pm, and as we were leaving, Wyatt wanted to know why we didn't ride any rollercoasters. This after we spent the entire 8.5 hours seeking out all kid-friendly (under 42" allowed) rides. My little adrenaline junkie!
2. I'm officially another year older and this is the first time I have wanted to disavow a birthday. It wasn't even a milestone and I feel all weird about it. What gives?
3. I'm now the proud owner of a new lens for my DSLR camera and am signed up for a series of photography classes. Totally looking forward to learning something new.
4. Father's Day was a good one (and I guess I can judge since Jeff doesn't write a blog). Wyatt wanted to know what we were doing after church and I asked him what he thought his Daddy might like to do since it was his special day. He suggested Daddy would like to go to the park. When Jeff said that he might rather go out for Mexican food, Wyatt agreed that was a good idea but then reiterated that maybe later in the day Daddy would find going to the park very fun.
5. It's a good thing I love my Natalie so very much because the last ten pounds she contributed to my frame are having a hard time saying goodbye. I'm trying my best to be rational about it. I guess I should just be thankful it's kicking me into gear and getting me to the gym on a regular basis.
6. I talked to one of my oldest and dearest friends over the weekend. It was so good to catch up and I'm so thankful it's the kind of friendship that allows us to go far too long without talking and then chat as though we haven't missed much. I'm really best at that kind of no-pressure, no-expectations communication.
7. Wyatt is turning three - THREE - in a few days. Where do all the days go? And why does he keep insisting he wants a pink cake with pink frosting? Tomorrow's commissary day so if that's the word tomorrow, too, a pink cake it will be.
8. We have pretty great neighbors. When we left Okinawa, I was sure we'd never feel that same sense of community. While there's nothing like sharing a wall with really great friends who are also instant playdates, we've managed to get lucky twice in the awesome neighborhood department.
9. Changes are afoot. Another round of assignments just came out and by the first of the year, Jeff and I will be the "old timers" in the squadron. It seems like it was just yesterday that I went (nervously) to my first coffee here. Time for me to get serious about enjoying this assignment!
10. Wyatt, upon learning that we could go to the pool this morning, directed me to, "go go girl! Get us home so we can go to the poooooooool!"