Monday, November 02, 2009

Falling for Virginia

It's taken me over a year, but I'm finally really appreciating where we live. There's so much to do and we keep discovering more - I'm so glad we have a full year left. Given the unseasonably warm weather in the last week, we trekked to a local park to gather leaves.



As it turns out, Wyatt loved our mile hike around the lake, Natalie was completely chill in her stroller and we spent two hours enjoying each other. Wyatt had a magnifying thing from a Chick-fil-a meal so he inspected a lot of minutiae along the trail. Wyatt was great about not running, as stated on the sign at the head of the trail (see picture below - when this kid learns to read my parenting tactics will have to change.)




















In fact, he had so much fun that he requested a repeat trip on Saturday so he could show Daddy. Pretty fun the second time, too, though he was much less content to take it all at a slow pace, instead wanting to rush ahead to see his favorite parts (benches, lake overlooks, covered bridge).



So if you come to visit us, there's a good chance we'll drag you out there for a little nature walk because this fieldtrip was a success all around.

2 comments:

The Blake Family said...

Looks like a beautiful place and a wonderful family time! I love those little discoveries...it's like hitting gold at the end of a rainbow!! Glad you had a great time!

Rife Wife said...

Good updates. Great pic of the water and fall colors. I went there today and it has changed even more! I'd like to see an update to the "things I never thought I'd have to say" section.