Tuesday, July 24, 2007

It's the Little Things

Do you think J.K. Rowling knows how much fatigue she causes? I mean, I can't be the only one staying up well past my bedtime to read about Harry and the Deathly Hallows! I have about a hundred pages left and it is so stinkin' good! AFN was playing all the Potter movies a couple weeks ago so we watched parts, if not all, of each of them so now Jeff thinks he knows the characters and stuff, but really? He doesn't. So when he finally got home last night (late flying this week), he was full of questions about specific people. I just laughed because, really, how could I possibly explain all the twists, turns, mayhem and magic in just a few short sentences? I read part of it aloud yesterday to Wyatt (yes, a thinly veiled attempt to digest more of the book during Wyatt's waking hours and I figure all those big words are good for him) and I'm glad to say that he seems like a Harry fan in the making. I can't wait until we read these books, page by page, volume by volume, together.


In other Wyatt news, I'm also thrilled to report that my happy baby (toddler, if you must, Lisa) has returned. He's been in the best mood this week! I mean, yes, I know it's only Wednesday, but I'm willing to give advance credit for Thursday through Saturday. He's just been his charming, smiling, easy to play with self and it is such sweet relief! On Monday, we took Millie to get her nails trimmed and Wyatt laughed the whole way there. I have no idea what was triggering the little outbursts, but there we were, just driving down 58 and all of a sudden there was giggling from the backseat. That made me laugh, in turn making him laugh more. I don't remember him ever doing that before so it's really good times around here. My glitch now is that I still haven't gotten his 1-year shots and everyone I know tells me to expect him to feel crummy afterwards - the ped. even said it could take up to two weeks for the fever and stuff to kick in - so now I've set myself up to deal with an ill child while my husband is gone for two weeks. Brilliant. Oh well, this too shall pass.


And finally, because I shared the scary spider with you, I think I should also share the invasion of the Lilliputians! About a week-and-a-half ago we had the tiniest little gecko in the house (who conveniently took shelter near Wyatt's empty oatmeal canister) and last night, when I let Millie out, the babiest frog I've ever seen hopped right in. Sad that both were smaller than that nasty spider, but if it's a two-for-one trade, I guess I'll take it because you know me, I love the little critters!

2 comments:

The Blake Family said...

Oh, how I love the pictures! I do not, however, share your love of the little critters. After 2 1/2 years, I still don't like those geckos in my house (the frog was kinda' cute...ok, the gecko was cute too, just don't let him inside MY house!)!

PC said...

Im glad Wyatt is back to himself. I was explaining to my parents yesterday that this is the time of Yin and Yang....there are really really great days, and there are really really crappy days. But- "this too shall pass". AND- We will be there to entertain you while Jeff is gone so.... win win win. :) We are going to the John Deere museum today, lets hope Nathan's head doesnt explode from sheer excitement!

lisa