Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Dear Tuesday, I Like You

Please tell me that the rest of you are also enjoying the Wipeout/I Survived A Japanese Gameshow lineup on this fair evening. I mean, can it get any better?



First of all, I hope that all of you (well, those who we actually know) have the opportunity to watch a Wipeout-style show with my husband. Jeff has a specific, boisterous laugh that he saves only for times such as that - you know, the times when you see people totally hurt themselves, but it's on tv so it's funny? Just hearing him laugh that way cracks me up. I think it would have the same effect on you. And also? Just the show makes me laugh. I know I would look completely ridiculous trying to slog through a mudpit after I got suckerpunched, but hey. I'm not the one putting myself on national television for public ridicule in hopes of winning $50k. So I'd like to thank all the people out there who are willing to sacrifice themselves for my entertainment.



And the Japanese Gameshow thing, I guess that's obvious. All things Japanese evoke some sense of fondness in me. I love the street shots of Tokyo because it reminds me of all my fun trips up there with friends and family; I love the over-the-top competitions because only the Japanese could come up with this stuff; I love hearing the language spoken for the five words I recognize. Like tonight, when they went into the capsule hotel, the guy at the front desk greeted them with the standard irashimase (I'm sure that's poorly spelled) and it just made me smile.

And Tuesday used to be so boring.

No comments: