Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Recent Faves

Wyatt is getting just so witty - must take after his mom.

***

Yesterday, when Tara and Jack were visiting, we put the boys down for their naps. Jack went to sleep without protest, but Wyatt was yelling, "mommmmmmeeeee" repeatedly. So I went up and asked, "were you calling me?" and he said, "well, Tara and Jack are here. I go downstairs now." Ummm, no kiddo. You cannot. But nice try.

***

Last night Jeff was doing bedtime and Wyatt was all cleaned up, in his jammies and wearing his sunglasses so Jeff was telling him to find me and say, "Mommy, I'm kind of a big deal." (It's a quote off a shirt, and it's just to be funny). Usually Wyatt is such a willing repeater but last night he wouldn't say it. Jeff repeated it again and again then finally Wyatt looked at me and said, "Mommy, I'm cute!" We pretty much lost it.

***

Our friend Retro is staying with us for a few days until he closes on his house. Wyatt is very excited about this and repeated yesterday afternoon's comment at bedtime, only this time told me when I went to his room that he needed to come downstairs to see Retro. Nope again, but another A+ effort.

***

Sweet boy woke up at 6:30 this morning (and normally that wouldn't be a massive issue except that he'd also been awake at 10:30, 1:50 and 3:00). I went to his room and pointed out that it was really early - still amazingly dark outside - and suggested perhaps he could go back to sleep. He said, "no Mommy. I go Trader Joe's now and get lellow boon. I go now. I want up. I go downstairs and we go Joe's." Nope again, kiddo, but I like that you woke up with an agenda.

1 comment:

Heather and Scott said...

Love all the stories on your cute boy! And that you're having all these Bat visitors -- post some pictures, girl!! And tell everyone that we said hello :)