Sunday, March 15, 2009

Priorities

Right before Wyatt went down for his nap, we talked about potentially going bowling this afternoon or this evening. We looked up local bowling alleys while he was asleep and hadn't really come to any sort of conclusion before my doctor called and offered up her services for an induction this evening. Heck yeah, bring it on!

So when Wyatt woke up, I was holding him while he mowed down some cheese puffs and we had the following conversation:

Me: My doctor called and said it's time to have the baby. Would you like that? Are you excited to meet the baby?

Wyatt: Silence. Can we go bowling first?

After a little lying (no bowling alleys are open on Sundays, of course) and some promises to go bowling after Grandpa gets here, that crisis was averted.

So now we're waiting around to get confirmation that L&D still has a room open and then *hopefully* we're off to the races! In hopes that this really pans out, I leave you with this, my final pregnancy "portrait" at a very ripe 40 weeks and 3 days.

It should also be noted that my first instinct was to blog and Jeff's was to get out the vacuum. Who's nesting now?

6 comments:

The Blake Family said...

Well, let's see...it's 8:50pm here now...since you're now in daylight savings there...that would make it 4:50pm there...hmmmm, I do hope that maybe you are getting ready to become a family of 4! By the way, your last "portrait" is beautiful. You look very happy...and I love your green sweater!

Susan said...

I wish I could head your way right now and take Wyatt bowling in the morning. Love to you all as we wait impatiently for more news!

Steph said...

Ooh just what I wanted to hear!! Can't wait to hear the baby news.

You look beautiful, by the way. It's hard to imagine now, but you may actually miss having that ripe baby belly someday.

Hope everything goes smoothly!

Steph said...

P.S. That was pretty impressive that your doc offered up services on a Sunday evening, esp. only 3 days overdue. Were you bringing brownies to your dr. visits or something??? ;)

SStites said...

Congratulations! I KNEW Wyatt would be right! Love, A. Sharon

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. And I think thats an adorable picture of you--- you dont appear miserable one bit!! (honestly). And I agree with Steph-- Im already nostalgic about the fact that I'll never have that big baby belly again....it's just hard to feel that way at the time. :) Cant wait to see more baby pics!