Sunday, May 31, 2009

Recent Faves

From Wyatt, my little Mr. Talks A Lot.

********

W: What we doin' today, Mommy?
Me: You're looking at it.
W: But I don't see anything!

********

Me: (noticing Wyatt jumping up and down) What are you doing?
W: Trying to see in that mirror up there.
Me: (because it's above the mantel) How's that going for you?
W: It's not doin' too good.

********

W: Mommy, can I have a snack?
Me: What did you have in mind?
W: Hmmm...I'm thinkin' about cashews.

********

W: (after church today) What we doin' now?
J: We're going to run an errand.
W: And then we're going out to lunch?
J: Yes, I think we'll go out for lunch.
W: We goin' to Three Amigos?
J: We'll let Mommy decide where she wants to go.
W: Mommy, you feel like a quesadilla today?

********

W: Mommy, can I have a snack to hold me down until dinner?
Me: You mean hold you over?
W: No, Mommy. Hold me down.

********

W: Andrew's my favorite.
Me: Andrew's your favorite cousin?
W: Yes. Thomas your favorite, Mommy?
Me: No, I don't have a favorite. I love them both.
W: Oh. Well, Andrew is my favorite.

********

Me: Why did you get in trouble?
W: Because we throwed clothes everywhere.
Me: Did you know you'd get in trouble?
W: Yes.
Me: So what do you think you should do next time instead of throwing clothes?
W: no answer
Me: You should make a better decision.
W: I don't think so, Mommy. It was really, really fun.

********

W: Mommy, will you talk to me?
Me: Sure, what do you want to talk about?
W: Kansas.
Me: What about Kansas?
W: When we goin' back there?
Me: I don't know. Would you like to go back?
W: Yes. Maybe at 6 o'clock or maybe at 10 o'clock?

2 comments:

The Blake Family said...

I love the "decision" conversation. It made me giggle. I believe we've been in the midst of that conversation too. Ah, two-year-olds...

Mike and Jamie said...

haha! I love it. I can't wait till Caden starts talking. Hope you guys are doing great!