Saturday, May 30, 2009

That Was Fun

There's nothing like ten days with family to make you wish you lived a little closer. In no particular order, a photo review of our vacation:
My babies. Oh, how I love them.


Cousins at the zoo. It was cold!



My man doing his best flamingo.





My man being unimpressed with the elephants, as though we see them all the time. My sister's comment, though, was a gem: "Look at that. I mean, those aren't very evolved."



This is the lion cage. There are three lions in it. Wyatt's comment upon seeing them? "Look Mommy! A green bowling ball!" If you look in the upper right of the picture, you'll see it too. I told you he wasn't impressed with the zoo!



The best picture I have of all three cousins from that outing. I chose the one with a blurry Wyatt. If you'd like to see a blurry Andrew or Thomas, I have those photos too. Turns out three boys don't really slow down much, even if it is raining and cold in May! And this should explain why Wyatt asked to nap an hour early on our first day home.


The requisite brainwashing trip. Start 'em young! Natalie was asleep or we would've figured out how to strap her to its back.


Ahhh, Natalie's new favorite way to spend an afternoon (and Grandpa's old favorite way to spend an afternoon.)


An amazingly good pic of all three boys post-bowling. Miracles happen every day - all are smiling, facing the camera and sitting still!


Wyatt's interesting technique.



Always with the follow-through.



Great-grandma and her youngest great-grandkids.



Natalie meeting the Rock cousins. I think she likes Alexis!


Just chilling.


Grandma and her boys, all enjoying a rare moment of quiet. I don't remember any of them being this still when they were together so it's good someone captured it on camera!



Thomas and Wyatt, plotting their next move.


Andrew showing Grandpa and the little boys his discovery. I think his quote was something along the lines of, "I don't know what those frogs have been doing, but there sure are a lot of tadpoles in that pond!"
Wyatt has asked every day if we can talk about Kansas and when we're going back. It's safe to say we had a great time and can't wait for the next trip!

3 comments:

Susan said...

I'm laughing out loud right now. I love the ones from the bowling outing and I love the ones from the zoo. There's so little time to be still.

I also love the one of Thomas and Wyatt peering over the deck. That's just something naughty waiting to happen!

Thomas wants to know when Wyatt is coming back and whether we can take him to our pool.

The Blake Family said...

So glad you had a great trip!! That college brainwashing...guess we fall in that trap too. Although we don't live not to Cody's alma mater, Jackson now knows the chant for the University of Texas and does it proudly and loudly! It makes you proud that they share your love for your school, (well, and that we can still brainwash them amidst the "no-I-won't-do-thats" that seem to be oh so frequent these days (well, at least for us!) ).

The Thomas Crew said...

Looks like you did have a great trip! Sorry we weren't here to try to meet up with you, but we did have fun down at Jamie's. Maybe next time!