Saturday, August 29, 2009

Darn the Three-Year Old Mind

Wyatt's upstairs not going to sleep and while I try to let him just be when going to bed, I thought the sound of the closet doors opening and closing indicated he was, perhaps, no longer tucked in. So I went in, reiterated that he's to sleep and answered the age-old Wyatt question: "Mommy, what are we doin' after this?"

So I replied as always, "well, we'll play. We can ride bikes, we might go to a park, we'll do something fun tomorrow but we can't do anything until you sleep." So he looked at me in all his 38-month wisdom and said, "Mommy, maybe we can go to that place....that Chucky....where they stamp our hands. You know the one I'm talking about?"

Oh yes, son. I know the one you're talking about and you have no idea how my heart is currently in my stomach because you're talking about Chuck E. Cheese. Noooooooo!!!!!

With my body in flight mode, I decided to calmly fight and said, "we won't be going to Chuck E. Cheese, but we'll do something fun." He agreed and I breathed a sigh of relief. But as I was ready to go, he simply said, "well, maybe we can go this winter."

Please, please, please dear boy, forget about that dreaded rat between now and November.

1 comment:

Susan said...

He's too smart for your own good. He ain't forgetting.