Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Here's One, Alanis

You know that old song, "Isn't it Ironic?" and the great debate surrounding the lyrics - is it irony or does it just suck? Well, I don't know the answer. Unfortunately, I do know that I think my life could currently qualify for that debate. So you tell me: is it ironic or does it just suck that

1. We purchased a treadmill on Saturday.

2. On Monday, a podiatrist told me what's going on in my foot seems to be caused by an extra bone...

3. and upon further inspection, that extra bone appears to be splintered.


Awesome. Do I get bonus points for this or something? I mean, not only do I have a bone that most people don't have, I was clever enough to break it!

The treatment plan involves zero impact activities (outside of my normal life) for at least three weeks and wearing orthotics in my shoes.

Salt in the wound? The orthotics only fit in my running shoes.

4 comments:

Mark Henderson said...

Sorry to hear about your foot bone-us.

Steph said...

Ouch! Well regardless of whether it's ironic or not, it does suck. Maybe you should spend the next three weeks getting massages and manicures and shopping online, you know, to be good and relaxed and feeling better.

Leslie said...

Poor little Fit Fatty :(

Which, by the way, if you're a fit fatty, they must have other categories, like Slab of Flab.

Looks like you now have a pricey coat rack. That's what I always used mine for :)

And you have an excuse to go buy new shoes.

Ade said...

I have to say, the fact that you have a podiatrist means you MUST be older than me! I don't know that I've heard that word in conjunction with anyone under the age of 50! OK, I can say all this because...I am older than you and always will be...and I just got reading glasses! :o)