Monday, August 20, 2012

Off to the Races

Wyatt is a child that has never looked back, so it's no surprise that he arose early this morning (by 5:55, anyway) and his first words when I walked into his room were, "I'm so excited for kindergarten!" He humored me by posing for one picture before loading up and heading to school, where he strode purposefully into the building. I was, for a brief moment, kind of sad. And then I wasn't, because we've been looking forward to this day for a very long time. On the other hand, Natalie was pretty sad. I offered to take her to get a little treat, but she decided we should just come home so she could eat a lollipop. Done. Now she's perfectly happy and I'm already excited to go get my guy so we can hear about the very first day of the rest of his life.


3 comments:

Mom said...

Wyatt, we hope you're always as excited about school as you are today. Stephanie, enjoy the champagne brunch but don't forget to get him from school.

Rife Wife said...

(for some reason my first comment didn't keep)
anyways, ^^^ your mom cracks me up! And I feel like it was yesterday that we were all meeting! I'm sure he'll do great!

Susan said...

Go, Wyatt!