Friday, September 07, 2012

Tastes like Chicken?

Last night's dinner was ham, which was chosen by Wyatt but is quite possibly my family's favorite meal. In all honesty, it's not my favorite, but it moves up on my list because everyone else will eat it with smiles. So, ham.

Now, ham and Natalie have quite a relationship. At a young age (under two, I believe), Natalie was known to eat nearly her body weight in ham and the girl's never, ever, ever met a piece of bacon she didn't like. I knew she'd be good with the dinner choice, but I didn't realize it would be so entertaining. Here's how it went last night:

N: Mmmm, Mommy, this is good chicken. Can I have some more chicken? This is gooooood chicken, Mommy!

Me: You like it? I'm glad.

(Jeff and Wyatt were just smiling, going along with the chicken thing.)

N: Yeah, Mommy, this is good chicken. But it's funny!

Me: Really? What's funny about it?

N: Mom, it's so silly! This chicken tastes just like ham and cheese and turkey on a plate.

Me: You think it tastes like ham?

N: Yeah, it's so funny that this chicken tastes like ham!

Me: Natalie, that chicken is ham.

N: Brief silence. Well, it is good ham. So can I have some more chicken?




1 comment:

Darling's said...

Ohh to be a fly on the wall at your house for a day :) Such great stories!!