Saturday, October 14, 2006

Blah

That sums me up right now and is also probably how you'll feel about this boring entry. Jeff is at work until 5:30 tomorrow morning, little man is in bed and I'm in limbo. Should I sew? Should I finish cleaning the kitchen? Should I lay on the couch? Should I just go to bed? I'm stymied. I think I woke up that way - do you ever have those days? Or maybe I'm just worn out. Two hectic days in a row, two days of horrible eating (fyi - Banyan Tree chinese food isn't good), too many sugar cookies consumed. Blah.

On a happier note, Wyatt mastered the art of a very slobbery raspberry today. He was quite proud of himself and has proven himself proficient. He also has mastered turning every which way in his exersaucer which is great except that the stuffed frog toy on it keeps making him mad. I don't know what he's wanting it to do, but it obviously isn't cooperating because time and time again he gets seriously ticked at it and ends up crying. Mean frog. And it looked so friendly.

Two bits of good news for all future visitors: first, apparently there's a new route from Narita opening up on Nov. 1 which means no more airport swap in Tokyo. Second, we replaced the schizophrenic microwave. I heated a little breakfast for 20 seconds this morning and would've sworn an electrical fire was starting. So I unplugged it and told J about it when I got back from my walk. I suggested purchasing a new microwave (assuming he'd dissuade me) and he agreed that it has always sucked. He also agreed that something (literally) smelled not quite right in there, so now we're the proud owners of a new kitchen appliance. Such simple pleasures in life. I think we're also on the verge of being the owners of a few more Chinese antiques because Oriental Place got in a new shipment. My heart's beating faster just thinking about our trip back there tomorrow :)

I think my parents are off to Mexico tomorrow which means my readership will be decreasing by approximately 50%. It seems like they did something right because, so far, retirement is looking pretty good. A bit of advice: if a margarita is served in a schooner, don't drink the whole thing. And if you ignore that advice, please make sure there's photographic evidence. Have fun!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm here. But, as always, getting no credit for it. :-)

mom said...

I wasn't the only one who dived into that schooner of margueritas.

Mom said...

I will take the pics--hope I can get them in focus

Anonymous said...

Susan,
You get credit for being there - you're factored into my 50% remaining readership! Thanks for being a loyal follower - ha!!!!

Anonymous said...

Even Im here despite the state of affairs over here!!

Anonymous said...

yep, Lisa, you're the other half of my remaining 50%. Do I know my audience or what?

Heather and Scott said...

Alas, you probably forgot that you told me about your blog...and that I've remembered to read it! So that just upped your readership too! =)

Anonymous said...

And since I'm a geo-bachelor right now, you can count me in your readership. See...people love you, they really do!!

Sarah said...

I just upped your readership by about 16% if my math is right. Hi Steph! I feel pretty good. I think I've already got a quote in here.

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I love that you calculated the math on your share of my readership. That would be evidence that college math is working better for you than it did for me. And I'm glad you recognized your quote!

Ade said...

OK, I'm trying to catch up because you failed to mention your blog to me until today...so I'm here and I'm not even going to try to do the math on your readership now!