1. Read four books, two magazines and one travel guide.
2. Lounged poolside.
3. Went scuba diving to such delightful sites as The German Wreck, The Chimney and Cades Reef.
4. Met a fellow Jayhawk.
5. Ate whatever I wanted, kind of whenever I wanted it.
6. Dressed for dinner.
7. Spent time on a sea kayak.
8. Slept in.
9. Stayed out late.
10. Drank too much.
11. Lounged on a beach.
12. Used my passport.
13. Napped before dinner.
14. Took a few pictures.
15. Watched movies. Plural.
16. Beat my husband at ping pong.
17. Lost to my husband at pool.
18. Turned people-watching into a sport.
19. Had a massage.
20. Sat in a hot tub during a nighttime tropical downpour. Would do that every day if I could.
21. Missed my kids.
What I did NOT do last week:
1. Spend more than twenty minutes away from my husband.
2. Cook, clean or launder.
3. Correct anyone's manners.
4. Ask anyone to please stop whining.
5. Take enough pictures.
6. Look at a computer.
7. Worry about my kids.
Friends, if you ever have the chance to go to a Sandals, I highly recommend it. We had a fabulous time. It was beautiful, tropical, indulgent, relaxing, and every other descriptive thing you could hope for in a kid-free vacation. I really didn't take enough pictures, and I think it's one of those places that's difficult to convey anyway, but here are a few examples:
The view from our room
the view from our breakfast table
the view from our favorite spot at the pool
view from chaise back toward the buildings
checking our stash - minibar was refilled daily
Jeff enjoying sunset on the beach
before dinner our last night
Thank you, Jeff, for planning an incredible anniversary trip. Can't wait to see where we go after another ten years!