Monday, July 05, 2010

Ahhhhhh.....

What I did last week:

1. Read four books, two magazines and one travel guide.

2. Lounged poolside.

3. Went scuba diving to such delightful sites as The German Wreck, The Chimney and Cades Reef.

4. Met a fellow Jayhawk.

5. Ate whatever I wanted, kind of whenever I wanted it.

6. Dressed for dinner.

7. Spent time on a sea kayak.

8. Slept in.

9. Stayed out late.

10. Drank too much.

11. Lounged on a beach.

12. Used my passport.

13. Napped before dinner.

14. Took a few pictures.

15. Watched movies. Plural.

16. Beat my husband at ping pong.

17. Lost to my husband at pool.

18. Turned people-watching into a sport.

19. Had a massage.

20. Sat in a hot tub during a nighttime tropical downpour. Would do that every day if I could.

21. Missed my kids.


What I did NOT do last week:

1. Spend more than twenty minutes away from my husband.

2. Cook, clean or launder.

3. Correct anyone's manners.

4. Ask anyone to please stop whining.

5. Take enough pictures.

6. Look at a computer.

7. Worry about my kids.


Friends, if you ever have the chance to go to a Sandals, I highly recommend it. We had a fabulous time. It was beautiful, tropical, indulgent, relaxing, and every other descriptive thing you could hope for in a kid-free vacation. I really didn't take enough pictures, and I think it's one of those places that's difficult to convey anyway, but here are a few examples:



The view from our room



the view from our breakfast table



the view from our favorite spot at the pool


view from chaise back toward the buildings



checking our stash - minibar was refilled daily



Jeff enjoying sunset on the beach



before dinner our last night


Thank you, Jeff, for planning an incredible anniversary trip. Can't wait to see where we go after another ten years!


6 comments:

Lisa said...

you guys look so cute! :) Glad you had a relaxing time!

Adrienne Rost said...

Wow...beautiful! I'm so glad that you had a wonderful time, you deserve it!

Leslie said...

Oh. my. goodness. FABULOUS! I nominate Vice for the "Husband of the Year" award, and I would like to ask him to mention this to Stoner for our 10th anniversary next year. Congratulations on the kid free vacation!

The Thomas Crew said...

I am so glad that you got to go on such a wonderful vacation, Steph. Looks awesome!!

The Blake Family said...

Cool!! Brings back memories, as we did Sandals to Jamaica for our honeymoon and considering it for our ten year anniversary next year! It is a truly relaxing vacation!!

Craig and Jamie said...

Happy Anniversary!
You definitely can't go wrong with Sandals.
Sounds like an amazing vacation!