Sunday, July 11, 2010

Mayonnaise, Mustard...

Ketchup.

See, Mom & Dad? Those summers at cheerleading camp weren't useless! They gave me great little rhymes like that winner.

Anyway, I've missed reporting on some significant milestones around here. Up first: Wyatt's 4th birthday non-party festivities. We owe a huge thank you to our friends who helped make his day perfect by joining us at the bounce house and Red Robin for dinner. He also got to decorate his own cake this year;  I made the frosting and was getting ready to go when he asked to step in. I thought that was a fabulous idea until he covered every surface with bumpy chocolate frosting and then asked me to write his name on it. Needless to say, it wasn't the prettiest cake to come out of this kitchen but no matter, the kid loved it and I did, too.



The bouncy house shots are all pretty blurry - it's difficult to freeze-frame four-year-olds who are pinging from one inflatable to another. Natalie was a little easier to catch on camera, though I had to be careful because she thinks it's really fun to launch herself off/on/into/through all the apparatus. 





After dinner, our friends came over for cake and gift opening (they are nice to bring presents even though it was a non-birthday party). Wyatt was in heaven: buddies, cake, new toys and running through the house with wild abandon!



 

And because he's my son, this is how Wyatt ate his cake. But because he's Jeff's son, too, it's almost surgical in its precision:



Sadly, I don't have any footage (still or otherwise) of the inaugural sleepover with Isaac but it was a great ending to a great birthday for my guy.






No comments: